COMPETITION RULES (Last updated 1/2/17)
Alan Mayhew Trophy:
- Competition open to all affiliated League clubs. In the event that the Management committee requests that the competition is made up to sixteen teams, the secretary will invite other clubs to participate in the competition.
- Teams who withdraw from the competition will be fined £25.
- Winners to hold the Alan Mayhew Trophy for 12 months and prize money, to be agreed at the March meeting, will be paid to the winners, runners up and losing semi finalists.
- Entry fee to be fixed by the League.
- Number of players shall be 12 and play 6 HOME – 6 AWAY on the same day. Matches will commence at 7pm if distance travelling between home green and away green is less than 30 miles or 7.15pm if distance travelling between home green and away green is 30 miles or more. Winners to be decided on aggregate score. The dates for each round will be advised at the March meeting and all matches to be arranged to be completed on that date. The draw will be made at the March Meeting.
- Results for rounds up to the final to be entered on the website by the home club in compliance with match rule 13.
- In the event of a tie on aggregate in rounds up the final, the match shall be decided firstly by the most number of wins per team, secondly by the best away winner and thirdly by each teams best score in descending order (if the away winners scores are all equal). If the game is still tied after these criteria, the match shall be replayed by mutual agreement between the clubs before the next round is due to be played
- In the event of a tie on aggregate in the final, the match shall be decided firstly by the most number of wins per team, secondly by the best winner and thirdly by each team best score in descending order. If the game is still tied after this criteria, then three players from each team comprising one from the first four one from the middle and one from the last four of the players competing in the championship decider will play again up to 11 and the championship will be awarded to the team whose players have the highest number of points.
- Final to be played on neutral green as decided by the Management Committee.
- Any matters not provided for in the above rules shall be dealt with by the League Management Committee, whose decision shall be final.
- The competition shall be confined to clubs affiliated to the SPBL.
- Any team who withdraw from the competition will be fined £25.
- All games to be 21 up under B.C.G.B.A. rules and standard jacks to be used.
- The number of players in each team shall be eight and the greens, which shall be neutral, shall be selected by members of the Management Committee.
- The aggregate score shall decide the match. In the event of a tie on aggregate, the match shall be decided firstly the most number of wins per team secondly by each teams best score in descending order. If the game is still tied after these criteria, each captain will nominate one player to play a one off game, with the first player to 11 determining the overall winner.
- Any club not sending its full compliment of players shall forfeit 21 points in each case.
- All clubs on whose green a cup tie is played shall provide not less than four standard jacks and a tape measure (19 metre) as required by the B.C.G.B.A.
- The winning team shall be responsible for phoning or texting the result to the Competitions Secretary on 07753 603372 or Secretary on 07964 294466 on the night of the match. The result must be entered on the website in accordance with Match Rule 13 by the winning team.
- All players must be prepared to play when called upon, otherwise a reserve player must be included or 21 points forfeited.
- Each club shall make a donation to the host club for greenage. (minimum £4.00 per team)
- Any question arising not provided for in the foregoing rules shall be dealt with by the Executive Committee whose decision shall be final.