The Pool A/B (or Premiership competition) is an 8 a side event played for the Pool A shield and the Pool B shield, with the top 7 in the Pool A and bottom 7 in the Pool B. Two teams then contest each final on the second Friday in October at a Premier League Venue with two greens decided by the rota. The Presentation Evening follows after.
The rules for the Premiership competition is as follows:
- The competition shall be confined to clubs affiliated to the SPBL.
- Any team who withdraw from the competition will be fined £25.
- All games to be 21 up under B.C.G.B.A. rules and standard jacks to be used.
- The number of players in each team shall be eight and the greens, which shall be neutral, shall be selected by members of the Management Committee.
- The aggregate score shall decide the match. In the event of a tie on aggregate, the match shall be decided firstly the most number of wins per team secondly by each teams best score in descending order. If the game is still tied after these criteria, each captain will nominate one player to play a one off game, with the first player to 11 determining the overall winner.
- Any club not sending its full compliment of players shall forfeit 21 points in each case.
- All clubs on whose green a cup tie is played shall provide not less than four standard jacks and a tape measure (19 metre) as required by the B.C.G.B.A.
- The winning team shall be responsible for phoning or texting the result to the Competitions Secretary on 07753 603372 or Secretary on 07964 294466 on the night of the match. The result must be entered on the website in accordance with Match Rule 13 by the winning team.
- All players must be prepared to play when called upon, otherwise a reserve player must be included or 21 points forfeited.
- Each club shall make a donation to the host club for greenage. (minimum £4.00 per team)
- Any question arising not provided for in the foregoing rules shall be dealt with by the Executive Committee whose decision shall be final.