The Pool A/B (or Premiership competition) is an 8 a side event played for the Pool A shield and the Pool B shield, with the top 7 in the Pool A and bottom 7 in the Pool B. Two teams then contest each final on the second Friday in October at a Premier League Venue with two greens decided by the rota. The Presentation Evening follows after, this year at Newport.
The rules for the Premiership competition is as follows:
- The competition shall be confined to clubs affiliated to the SPBL.
- The Pool A will be contested by the top 7 teams and the Pool B by the rest of the league.
- Any team who withdraw from the competition will be fined £25.
- All games to be 21 up under B.C.G.B.A. rules and standard jacks to be used.
- The number of players in each team shall be eight and the greens, which shall be neutral and at a Premier League club, shall be selected by the Competition Secretary.
- The final will be played at a Premier League club with two greens as determined by the Presentation Evening rota. If a team reaches the final at its own club, that team will play on the green they haven’t played on in that Premier League season. They will owe 2 and start without the jack.
- The aggregate score shall decide the match. In the event of a tie on aggregate, the match shall be decided firstly by the most number of wins per team, secondly by the best winner and thirdly by each team’s best win in descending order. If the game is still tied after these criteria, each captain will nominate one player to play a one off game, with the first player to 11 determining the overall winner.
- Any club not sending its full compliment of players shall forfeit 21 points in each case.
- All clubs on whose green a cup tie is played shall provide not less than four standard jacks and a tape measure (19 metre) as required by the B.C.G.B.A.
- The result must be entered on the website in accordance with Match Rule 13 by the winning team.
- Each club shall make a donation to the host club for greenage. (minimum £4.00 per team)
- Any matters not provided for in the above rules, and not covered in our Match or Management Rules, shall be dealt with by the League Management Committee, whose decision shall be final.