The Alan Mayhew Trophy is primarily a 6 home 6 away competition for the 14 member clubs plus two invited clubs (usually those involved in the previous season’s playoffs). The final is played at a neutral venue.
The competition is once again sponsored by Barlows Fire & Security. We thank them once again for their support, more details on them are available here.
We have invited Mid Shropshire Champions Hadley USC and Tanners Shropshire League winners Ludlow Castle into the competition.
The matchcards are here.
Burway beat Ludlow Castle by 52, winning by 48 at home and 4 away.
Hanwood beat Ifton by 10, winning by 34 at home and losing by 10 away.
Wrockwardine Wood beat Bylet by 14, winning by 15 at home and losing by 1 away.
Castlefields beat St Georges by 39, winning by 35 at home and 4 away.
Newport beat Wem USC by 56, winning by 39 at home and 17 away.
SJB beat Bowring by 16, winning by 29 at home and losing by 13 away.
Hanmer beat Chester Road by 7, winning by 7 at home and drawing away.
Meole Brace walkover against Hadley USC
Burway beat Hanwood by 38, winning by 57 at home and losing by 19 away.
Castlefields beat Wrockwardine Wood by 70, winning by 64 at home and by 6 away.
Sir John Bayley beat Newport by 1, winning by 17 at home and losing by 16 away.
Meole Brace beat Hanmer by 19, winning by 31 at home and losing by 12 away.
Castlefields beat Burway by 14, winning by 44 at home and losing by 30 away.
Meole Brace beat Sir John Bayley by 35, winning by 36 at home and losing by 1 away.
Castlefields beat Meole Brace by 47 on Telepost
Alan Mayhew Trophy Rules:
- Competition open to all affiliated League clubs. In the event that the Management committee requests that the competition is made up to sixteen teams, the secretary will invite other clubs to participate in the competition.
- Teams who withdraw from the competition will be fined £25.
- Winners to hold the Alan Mayhew Trophy for 12 months and prize money, to be agreed at the March meeting, will be paid to the winners, runners up and losing semi finalists.
- Entry fee to be fixed by the League.
- Number of players shall be 12 and play 6 HOME – 6 AWAY on the same day. Matches will commence at 7pm if distance travelling between home green and away green is less than 30 miles or 7.15pm if distance travelling between home green and away green is 30 miles or more. Winners to be decided on aggregate score. The dates for each round will be advised at the March meeting and all matches to be arranged to be completed on that date. The draw will be made at the March Meeting.
- Results for rounds up to the final to be entered on the website by the home club in compliance with match rule 13.
- In the event of a tie on aggregate in rounds up the final, the match shall be decided firstly by the most number of wins per team, secondly by the best away winner and thirdly by each team’s best win in descending order (if the away winners scores are all equal). If the game is still tied after these criteria, the match shall be replayed by mutual agreement between the clubs before the next round is due to be played.
- In the event of a tie on aggregate in the final, the match shall be decided firstly by the most number of wins per team, secondly by the best winner and thirdly by each team’s best win in descending order. If the game is still tied after this criteria, then three players from each team comprising one from the first four one from the middle and one from the last four of the players competing in the championship decider will play again up to 11 and the championship will be awarded to the team whose players have the highest number of points.
- Final to be played on neutral green as decided by the Management Committee.
- Any matters not provided for in the above rules, and not covered in our Match or Management Rules, shall be dealt with by the League Management Committee, whose decision shall be final.